Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Today is...

Great idea taken from Inkpot Files/Erica Hanson

Today is going on too long. I made a pact with a friend that in the new year we would hold each other accountable for going to bed at a decent hour and here I am still up at 30mins past midnight!

As for the earlier part of the day it was cold, oh so cold, but I tried not to complain as there are many worse off. I did however feel justified in breaking my no complain rule as WHY should I have to sit in an office with my coat on!

It was bright today and full of the smells of food, pastries, chocolate, savoury smelling stuff. All unhelpful as I had decided to fast today! It was then home to unpacking shopping, with more delights,'ummmmmm, I can just taste those scones' I think, as they are packed away, 'and there's jam in the fridge'. My unconscious taste buds of my imagination run riot, and the smell of a toasted bagel being eaten by someone else is almost too much!

I limp off to my room, tired and hungry, and it's cold inside. I have work to do, but feel almost unable as I am just thinking about food, ooh and my head aches, maybe I'll just snuggle up on the sofa and sleep...

Today was walking to and from work and enjoying the crisp air and the sight of frost on the ground, the trees look so good in their naked stark beauty, I wish I had a camera.

Today is a dangerous thought as I look longingly at the frozen lake, I know it will probably crack at first step, and I also know I will probably be too scared to try, but the delusion continues, and may well have succeeded, but I see the sign warning no-on to go on the ice. Today is a day of escape

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.