Wednesday, February 18, 2009

When I was a Child...

The One-Minute Writer: Today's Writing Prompt: Reading

At first I was stumped, maybe because I can't think of a time when I haven't loved reading, from the Mills and Boon my Mum used to read - my father soon stopped that! :-) to the Famous Five.

But then I remembered my Malory Towers books by Enid Blyton, I SOOOOOO wanted to be at a boarding school, it sounded like such fun. - I had an amazing flash back of this when in Indonesia last Septempber, I saw some Enid Blyton books. I was immediatley transported to that girl of 10 or something like it, who was snuggled up reading in bed with a cup of tea and probably digestive biscuits, to the light of my bedside lamp.

- This totally took more than a minute, but I just enjoyed writing about it so much, wanted it all in. Thanks for this prompt!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I look forward to reading what you have to say.